Please Note: The deadline for nominations has ended (8.5.18).
We're thankful for those that serve in leadership on our Administrative Council. These positions rotate on a 2-year basis, with the nomination & election process occurring in late summer each year, and all those that serve on the Administrative Council attest that they meet the following guidelines & qualifications:
Duties of Council members include:
- Encourage spiritual growth of the local congregation with emphasis on personal Bible reading, prayer, family devotions, tithing and giving, Christian service, and personal witnessing.
- Approve the disbursement of church funds. All major disbursements must be approved by the church in conference.
- Provide and maintain proper building facilities for the congregation. The council shall see that all church properties are properly insured and tax-exempt, when the secular government provides such exemption.
- Set general church policy and meet regularly to fulfill outlined responsibilities.
- In the event of a pastoral change they will meet with the state Bishop to secure a new pastor.
- Be a loyal member of Cary Church of God for at least one (1) year
- Be baptized with the Holy Ghost
- Be faithful in tithing
- Be faithful in attendance
- Work in harmony with the local, state, and general church’s programs, and reflect a cooperative attitude toward the progress of the church.